Pages

Feb 3, 2009

My Vacation in Perhentian Island

Last year on the 1st semester school holiday, my family, cousins and I took a vacation to popular island on the east coast of Malaysia, the Perhentian Island. The island is located in the state of Terengganu. From Kota Bharu, Kelantan, we drove for about 1 hour to Kuala Besut jetty.

The above picture was taken while we were heading to the Perhentian Island from Kuala Besut Jetty. The journey took approximately 30 minutes from Kuala Besut jetty to the Island. While on the fast journey by a speed boat we could see the beautiful sea scenery around us.












These breathtaking views was taken from the chalet we were staying. The chalet is located on the higher ground. As you all can see on the left picture, the jetty is under construction. In few months, the jetty will be completed. Then, the view will be more fascinated.

Our main activity at the island was snorkeling. We love snorkeling very much, in fact some of our cousins were inside the sea water almost all the time during the day, under the sun! Very hot, you can burn your skin! That is why my mother always remember to bring sunscreen lotion along whenever we go for vacation at beaches. But for us, sunburn our skins is nothing compare to the joyfulness while we were snorkeling. Some of our snorkeling spots are as pictures below:











At Perhentian Island we can see many outstanding underwater scenery. There were many types and different sizes of coral. Some of them already dead. How pity! The fishes were numerous, big, small and colorful. We can even spoted the "Nemo" fish inside their "house". The fishes looked very tame, but I bet you will never catch them using your hand. In fact, it is illegal to catch fish or any other sea life here since this Perhentian Island is gazetted as a Marine Park by Malaysian Government. To make more fishes came nearer to us, we fed them with bread. Hundreds of different kinds of fishes will come to you to enjoy their free meals. This was so exciting to me.




The picture above was taken while we were snorkeling in front of the chalet. I surprised when one of my cousins spotted a "gamat" or a "sea cucumber" in English. In Malaysia, sea cucumber is commonly used by locals to make some sort of medicine. Locals believe that sea cucumber can heal cuts, skin eruptions and ulcers. I've tried it. In fact, it really works!




While I was on the under construction jetty, I saw a group of small fish as the picture above. There were thousands of small fishes in the group swim together in same direction producing beautiful patterns.

We spent 3 days 2 nights at Perhentian Island. Those were the beautiful moments I could share with you all. I look forward to go there for our second time. What about you??

1 comment:

  1. Hi Syaa-fiqq,

    thank you for commenting on my blog. I'm glad that the AnswerTips widget worked out here. I'm also new at blogging and that's why I try to search for easy to apply widgets. I also have a passion about travel and nature, so I'm following your blog to see for more. Keep on blogging and stay in touch :)!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate if you comment, thank you for visiting and please come again..